Rayehe Karimi Mahabadi
Rayehe Karimi Mahabadi is a postdoctoral associate in the Advanced Materials Laboratory within the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science. Her current research is focused on designing acoustic metamaterials by AI. She obtained her Ph.D. degree in Applied Mechanical Engineering at Sharif University of Technology in 2022. She was also a researcher at Laboratory of Wave Engineering, Department of Electrical Engineering at EPFL. Her Ph.D. research was on deformable electromagnetic metamaterials which resulted in proposing a multiscale multiphysics framework to analyze such surfaces. Her M.Sc. research was on the optimization of composite plates reinforced with shape memory alloy (SMA) fibers under free vibration.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Postdoctoral Associate
- Office Phone: +1 919 660 5310
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Best Ph.D. Research. Mechanical Engineering Department, Sharif University of Technology. 2020
- Karimi Mahabadi, R; Goudarzi, T; Fleury, R; Orazbayev, B; Naghdabadi, R, Effect of mechanical nonlinearity on the electromagnetic response of a microwave tunable metamaterial, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, vol 55 no. 20 (2022) [10.1088/1361-6463/ac5209] [abs].
- Karimi Mahabadi, R; Goudarzi, T; Fleury, R; Sohrabpour, S; Naghdabadi, R, Effects of resonator geometry and substrate stiffness on the tunability of a deformable microwave metasurface, Aeu International Journal of Electronics and Communications, vol 146 (2022), pp. 154123-154123 [10.1016/j.aeue.2022.154123] [abs].
- Karimi Mahabadi, R; Goudarzi, T; Fleury, R; Naghdabadi, R, Multifunctional Hyperelastic Structured Surface for Tunable and Switchable Transparency, Applied Sciences (Switzerland), vol 11 no. 5 (2021), pp. 2255-2255 [10.3390/app11052255] [abs].
- Karimi Mahabadi, R; Danesh Pazhooh, M; Shakeri, M, On the free vibration and design optimization of a shape memory alloy hybrid laminated composite plate, Acta Mechanica, vol 232 no. 1 (2021), pp. 323-343 [10.1007/s00707-020-02824-2] [abs].
- Mahabadi, RK; Pazhooh, MD, Approximate solutions of large amplitude vibration of a string, Latin American Journal of Solids and Structures, vol 15 no. 4 (2018) [10.1590/1679-78254122] [abs].